[vtkusers] Visualizing itk::Mesh in VTK

Pavel Kats pavka at cs.huji.ac.il
Sun May 23 16:14:03 EDT 2004

Hi,

Few questions regarding VTK-ITK interaction:

1. It is shown very well in Getting Started(2) tutorial how do display an image filtered in ITK using VTK's image viewer.
How can I do the same things for volume?
2. We can for sure make these things via a file (ITK->ITKImageWriter (VTKIO) etc.) although 'tis a big awkward. In this case
how can we write directly data in VTK file format, dealing with mesh (or PointSet at least), without converting to an image and back?
3. Generally, which file formats are recommended for use in such a case - to transfer mesh object to another application without "imaging it".
4. Why is ITK site down?

thx,
Pavel