[vtkusers] installation problems

de Boer Ingo I.deBoer at polytec.de
Mon May 24 03:41:38 EDT 2004

Hi,

> I sent the below message and did not hear from anyone.
> Is this the wrong place to ask for this kind of question?
Yes, it is correct.
First of all, I didn't have that problems. Sorry...

> From your messages, I understand that using VTK requires programming skills.
> I am a medical physicist, work with medical images and don't
> and don't have a lot of programming skills.
Then, maybe you should start off in downloading the exe file and run
the setup. This will install the headers, libs, dlls and the samples.
This should do it for you at first. You can take a look at the samples.

Also, Paraview might help you. It's free, also from Kitware, based on
VTK, comes as setup in an application, no programming required.

greets
 Ingo

---
Dr.-Ing. Ingo H. de Boer

Polytec GmbH
Polytec-Platz 1-7, 76337 Waldbronn, Germany
phone: ++49 7243 604 106
fax  : ++49 7243 604 255