[vtkusers] Stereo rendering

Oeyvind Knudsen knudsen at operamail.com
Wed May 19 14:39:38 EDT 2004

Hi!

I have two projectors with polarized lenses and polarized glasses, and want to use it with VTK. What kind of stereo type is appropriate for the vtkRenderWindow? I have tried several different, but can't seem to get it to work.

In  python, I have done the following:

self._RenderWindow = vtk.vtkRenderWindow()
self._RenderWindow.StereoCapableWindowOn()
self._RenderWindow.SetStereoTypeTo ??
self._RenderWindow.StereoUpdate()

I then use the '3' key to toggle stereo mode. With
self._RenderWindow.SetStereoTypeToLeft() the effect is that the actors in the renderer are skewed a small amount to the side, that's all.

The scene is made up of regular vtkActors, some tubes and some spheres.

By the way, I'm running debian linux with an NVIDIA Quadro card.

Have I forgotten something?

Øyvind Knudsen