[vtkusers] maybe bug in vrml exporter/importer

Ruby Shamir rubke at cs.huji.ac.il
Tue May 18 01:24:49 EDT 2004

Hello, I think there is a bug in VRML exporter/reader.

To check a registration algorithm in our lab we built a 3D object (from
2d slices) then manipulated its location and orientation and saved it as
a VRML file. When tried to read and show the file we got only a black
points...

So I looked in the VRML file and changed the next line:

DirectionalLight { ambientIntensity 1 intensity 0 # ambient light
      color 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000 }

to (changed the intensity to 1 instead of 0)

DirectionalLight { ambientIntensity 1 intensity 1 # ambient light
      color 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000 }

the result seems to be fine.

Note that when looking at the result with other VRML readers the result
looks fine anyway.

Regards,

  Ruby