[vtkusers] Need Help with vtkPlaneSource Sizing

Bill Vogler vogler at calcreek.com
Mon May 17 14:57:53 EDT 2004

Hello -

I am having problems sizing a plane created with vtkPlaneSource. The created
plane is of fixed size and I can't change the size using the member function
SetResolution();

My understanding of a vtkPlaneSource is that it is an array of "m x n"
quadrilaterals located on the specified plane. By default the width and
height is of length one (1) and the resolution of the plane is controlled by
XResolution and YResolution (which are both integers).

I would like to specify the width and height with a specific dimension of
real numbers (i.e., doubles). Therefore I am a bit confused why the
dimensions of the plane do not change is response to a SetResolution() call.
I am also a bit confused on how to specify this dimension using integers.

TIA

Bill