[vtkusers] Can vtkRenderWindowInteractor perform the aame on Mac OSX and XP

Jay Li chyumm at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 12:30:50 EDT 2004

Dear all,

I'm using Mac OSX 10.3.3 to do the ITK + VTK stuff. I've installed ITK and VTK with wrapping on Python successfully. However I met a problem, the same code which is working fine on .Net on Windows XP can't perform correctly on Mac OSX. For the first part, I used ITK to read an analyze format 3D image and used VTK to display the volume. It's fine on both XP and Mac OSX. However when came to the second part, I can use mouse  to rotate the volume only on Windows XP. Seems the vtkRenderWindowInteractor doesn't work well on Mac OSX. I'm not familiar with Mac or VTK. Do I need to specify something in Mac? Does anyone have the same experience? Thanks a lot in advance.

Jay