[vtkusers] Refreshing the vtkRenderWindow

REGAT-BARREL Aurélien arbvtk at yahoo.fr
Tue May 4 11:47:02 EDT 2004

    But is that true even if you are not doing it for messaging purposes,
    but instead having the timer call the callback?

You need a message pump in order to dispatch WM_TIMER message.

    Also, the question would be what is VTK doing in it's event loop
    regarding handling events to the window? Then I could get the Window
    handle and have it receive the messages

SetTimer( NULL, ... )
Your timer is not attached to a window.
I don't think VTK does something, except to call DispatchMessage.
My warning was if you use SetTimer without any Window => without any message pump.

Aurélien REGAT-BARREL
Yahoo! Mail - Votre e-mail personnel et gratuit qui vous suit partout !
 Créez votre adresse sur http://mail.yahoo.fr