[vtkusers] Porting Problem - Please Help!

gcope at engin.umich.edu gcope at engin.umich.edu
Wed Mar 24 21:05:58 EST 2004

Hi all-

I recently had to switch work machines and am having major problems
getting my previously fine itk/vtk applications to compile. I hope someone
can save me from adding to the several hours I've already spent on the
problem.

The compile error I am getting says that there are ambiguous calls the
overloaded function "vcl_sqrt" in an Itk segmentation algorithm. With all
Itk functions commented out, the Vtk functions compile and run fine.

Here are my configurations:

Old PC
-------------
Windows XP
Vtk 4.2.2
Itk 1.2.0
Cmake 1.6.7

New PC
-------------
Windows 2000
Vtk 4.2.2
Itk 1.6.0
Cmake 1.8.3

The only thing that I can think of that would cause the inconsistency
between the two machines is if I somehow compiled Itk incorrectly on the
new PC. Everything seemed to be fine. The only odd thing that I noticed is
that there was not flag for "USE_VTK" in the Cmake options when creating
the build files for Itk. Vtk seemed to compile fine (with USE_ANSI_STDLIB
on). Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jamie