[vtkusers] Locally constraining non-linear deformation

Greg Scott g.scott at oneteldsl.net
Wed Mar 24 15:29:46 EST 2004

Hello,

I am using vtkThinPlateSplineTransform to deform a surface model using (say) a non-uniform 3 x 3 x 3 collection of points. I would like to be able to guarantee that deformation of the model is constrained to within the outer bounds of this mesh, i.e. moving the centre point only moves those surface vertices within the bounds of the other points. It seems that this is not the case using this transformation (i.e the whole thing wiggles). Does anyone know how I can do this, or if there is another class I should be using? I know that FFD is locally computed in this way, but for the most simple FFDs one must use a uniform mesh.

Greg