[vtkusers] Hardware-accelerated off-screen rendering

Ian Grimstead I.J.Grimstead at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Wed Mar 24 04:34:35 EST 2004

Hi all,

I've been looking into off-screen rendering, and it looks like VTK only
supports MESA for this. Now, AFAIK this means s/w rendering - is there
any way VTK can support off-screen hardware-accelerated rendering?

I'm currently using Java3D for this (as its cross-platform), but would
like to move to VTK's Java bindings instead (so I can use VTK's bells
and whistles :-)

Thanks for any advice,

Ian
--
Dr. Ian Grimstead, Senior Research Associate, RAVE project.
School of Computer Science, Cardiff University, Queen's Buildings,