[vtkusers] Problem with wglCreateContext in one machine.

Andrew J. P. Maclean a.maclean at cas.edu.au
Sun Mar 7 17:57:53 EST 2004

Has anyone ever had this problem?

I have a machine running XP and have built VTK using VC7.1 for it.

If I reboot the computer and log in I get these errors when I run VTK:

ERROR: In \vtk\Vtk\Rendering\vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 746
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow (09EC2FE8): wglCreateContext failed in
CreateAWindow(), error: 998

ERROR: In \vtk\Vtk\Rendering\vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 746
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow (09EC2FE8): wglCreateContext failed in
CreateAWindow(), error: 0

However when I logoff and login again without rebooting, everything works
normally.

Mo other machine seems to exhibit this behaviour. I have looked at what is
running and I can't see anything odd at all.

Thanks for any insight,
    Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean

Centre for Autonomous Systems