[vtkusers] about vtkStreamer

Jeff Lee jeff at cdnorthamerica.com
Fri Jul 30 09:25:49 EDT 2004

Hi,
vtkStreamTracer doesn't yet have the capability to do
surface-constrained streamlines.  I have modified vtkStreamTracer to be
able to do surface-constrained by projecting the calculated stream point
back into the cell from which it was calculated.  I plan on checking the
code in as soon as I get caught up with the vtk changes.  Currently,
vtkStreamTracer will do surface constrained only if the velocity field
is tangent to the surface everywhere (probably only ever happens in
2D).  If you can't wait, I can guide you.
-Jeff