[vtkusers] setting vtkPointData

tom fogal tfogal at apollo.sr.unh.edu
Mon Jul 19 16:08:08 EDT 2004

Hi all, I've been working with a reader object I've written and I'm a
little concerned that I may have implemented something wrong. I'm
plotting stream lines from my data currently, but some input datasets
mysteriously give a void streamline.

The data I am reading in is a vector field, and so during my Execute()
method I 'GetPointData()->SetVectors()'. However I never set any scalar
data, nor do I set do anything to give the object cells via
'GetCellData()->Set*()'. Am I going about this correctly?

I also noticed that another reader object calls AddArray(array) on the
PointData before it does a SetScalars(array). Is this the appropriate
way to add PointData?

Oh, I forgot to mention that this object produces a vtkRectilinearGrid
as output.

Thanks to any who have advice,

-tom