[vtkusers] Creating Models from segmented volume data

Vidya Raghavan vidya_raghavan at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 19 18:48:44 EDT 2004

Hi,

Medical3.cxx reads a data set of images, and not a data set of segmented
volume.
I was reading through the book by Schroeder et al., and they have an example
on creating models from segmented volume data (page 427) using frog dataset.
In this they mention that each pixel in the slice is given a tissue
identifier which is very similar to my problem.

The place where I am having trouble is where they separate the volume into
different tissues, creating .vtk files. I looked through their code and did
not find it! Is anyone familiar with this example or something similar?

Please help me out.

Thanks,

Vidya