[vtkusers] Tcl Arrays of VTK objects

Toth44 at aol.com Toth44 at aol.com
Mon Jul 19 15:25:50 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody new of a simple way to implement dynamic of VTK objects in Tcl. For example I'm trying to plot a large number of subsets of a data set. to do this I'm using individual vtkDataObject instances ad would like to wrap them into an array for easy extendibility. Where standard Tcl has array types declared as objectnameArray there is no vtkDataObjectArray type. right now I'm using the set command to set a generic array to a single object of type vtkDataObject, but I'm sceptical of it's eventual outcome. I have a feeling that setting each array element to the same object using the set command will mean that a change to one array location will change the data returned from all the array locations. Am I wrong? Is there an easy way to create a vtkDataObject array?

Thanks for the help,
-Andrew