[vtkusers] How to set up VTK4.4

Tao Wang twusa at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 17 01:02:44 EDT 2004

Hi, everyone,

I just downloaded vtk4.4 the latest release. I built it with CMake without
any problem (now warnings and error messages). Then I built it in VS .net
2003 successfully. But then I don't know what's the next step to use it, All
the generated DLL and LIB files are in dubug/bin directory, and those .h
header files are scattered in individual folders.

When I use VTK4.2, I just run the pre-compiled file, then all necessary
files are put in /lib, /bin, /include folders. All I need to do is to
specify the lib and include directory in VS C++ environment. I worked fine.

Now, with vtk4.4, I don't know what to do. I tried to include the
"vtkDICOMImageReader.h" in my code, there is an error saying certain header
files cannot be found.

I am new to VTK and i don't know VTK very much yet, so, my question may be
silly:(. But I really need help from you guys, many thanks~.