[vtkusers] How to set up VTK4.4

Huiqun Zhou zhou_huiqun at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 17 13:18:44 EDT 2004

As you are using VTK from its build tree, not the precompiled one, you need
to do following things:
(1) Include the path to the folder which contains DLLs, drive:\VTK\bin\debug
in your case if you
  didn't change the default root name, in Windows' PATH environmental
variable;
(2) In VC++'s IDE, select Tools->Options->Directories (tab)->Show
Directories for, and in the
  drop-down listbox, select "library files", add the path to the folder
which contains all LIBs, again
  drive:\VTK\bin\debug, into the listbox below;
(3) In VC++'s IDE, select Tools->Options->Directories (tab)->Show
Directories for, and in the
  drop-down listbox, select "include files", add the paths to the folders
corresponding to each functional
  module of VTK (which contains relevant header files too), such as:
  drive:\VTK\Common
  drive:\VTK\IO
  drive:\VTK\Graphics
  ...,