[vtkusers] vtkTensorGlyph display question

Patrick (Peng) Cheng peng-cheng at uiowa.edu
Fri Jul 16 12:38:34 EDT 2004

hi vtkusers,
I have a volume tensor data, and I use an vtkExtractVOI to get an slice of the image,
pass this slice and a sphere source to the vtkTensorGlyph. then I got ellipse shown on the screen.

but the question is when I tried to rotate the scene and change view angle.
the whole scene just black out, I can even see all the other actors.
What might be the problem?

Also I only need to draw the Glyphs on the valid image data not the background. How do I filter out the backgound points from the image data.
I tried the vtkImageTreshold filter. but it seems that it doesn't work, coz it does not actually delete the background points from the StructuredPoints.

Peng (Patrick) Cheng
Biomedical Engineering
University of Iowa
Tel:(319) 400-7442