[vtkusers] haptic devices

Akshay Sthapit sthapit at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 19:11:49 EDT 2004

Hi

I'm using vtk with the phantom with the HDAPI.

I don't know if there's another/better way, but I'm using callbacks
from vtk renderer to schedule synchronized callbacks to get thread safe
positions of the end effector of the haptic device.

The end result is that the cursor moves moves around the screen at
about 30Hz, while the haptic device scheduler runs at 1000Hz.  The
synchronized callback ensures thread safety coz you're running at 2
different rates.

Hope that helps.
Akshay