[vtkusers] Please help -- problem with TexturedSphereSource

Jared Cohen Jared.Cohen at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 13 16:48:14 EDT 2004

Hi all. I was hoping I could get some help with this?

I've been trying to get the TexturedSphereSource to display as a PARTIAL
sphere. The VTK documentation says that you can use the SetTheta and
SetPhi methods to control how much of the sphere is displayed; but when
I tried it, these methods didn't seem to have any effect at all! Any ideas?

Also, what I'd REALLY like to be able to do is to specify both the
minimum AND maximum values for Theta and Phi. The regular SphereSource
lets you do this, but the TexturedSphereSource only has methods to set
the maximum values (and of course, those methods don't even WORK.) I
initially tried mapping my texture onto a regular SphereSource object by
passing it through a TextureMapToSphere filter; this worked, but it
produced a nasty seam in the back that I couldn't seem to get rid of :-(

Any help would be most appreciated.