[vtkusers] problems trying to run MaceTk.tcl

Reagan Penner rpenner at cs.usask.ca
Fri Feb 13 16:38:20 EST 2004

Hello, I am quite new to VTK so please bare with me.

I just managed to get c:\VTKbin created with CMake. I then ran my Visual
C++ .NET 2003 environment and build the release of "ALL_BUILD.vcproj".

I also setup a couple of variable:
environment variable TCLLIBPATH = c:/VTK/wrapping/tcl
system path variable had the following added to it c:\vtkbin\release

I am now trying to run some of the tcl examples. I am in
c:\vtk\examples\gui\tcl and am trying to run MaceTk.tcl, I am getting
the following error:

can't find package vtkcommon 4.2 ...

any help would be greatly appreciated ........... thanks for your time
........ Reagan Penner

ps. I am using am installation manual for windows PC authored by Rasmus
Paulsen:
http://www.imm.dtu.dk/~rrp/ - Get the pdf from the [pdf] link in
Publications/Manuals

In this manual I found some discrepancies between my install and the one
described by the manual. For instance the manual refers to a directory
c:\vtkbin\bin\release I do not have a bin directory only a release
directory. Also the manual refers to a file called vtk.exe I cannot find
this file on my system?