[vtkusers] sudden problem with vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx

Stanislaw Szpala sszpala at imaging.robarts.ca
Fri Feb 13 15:07:49 EST 2004

Hi,
I use vtk 4.1 daily, and suddenly started having problems with displaying
vtk rendering windows in all of my applications. The error messages are
listed below. For a test, I used a different version of vtk, i.e. copied the
whole vtk directory (including the binaries) from a different computer in
our office to my disk. Same problem. I searched the net for similar errors,
but no luck. What else can I check? Does vtk use another library that could
cause such errors?
Thanks, Stan
P.s. I run it on Windows 2000, typically calling vtk through Python scripts.

ERROR: In E:\VTK\2003Jan10\VTK\Rendering\vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 729
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow (0x012AF608): wglCreateContext failed in
CreateAWindow(), error: 1114

ERROR: In E:\VTK\2003Jan10\VTK\Rendering\vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 729
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow (0x012AF608): wglCreateContext failed in
CreateAWindow(), error: 6

ERROR: In E:\VTK\2003Jan10\VTK\Rendering\vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 729
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow (0x012AF608): wglCreateContext failed in
CreateAWindow(), error: 0

Stanislaw Szpala
Robarts Research Institute
100 Perth Drive