[vtkusers] static libraries

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Feb 13 16:51:54 EST 2004

varshini v wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to vtk.I downloaded vtk and compiled it and was able to execute
> the examples in shared- debug mode.
>
> I would like to use static, bec that way i need not have to use the
> dlls.I get error messages when I use static.
>
> I downloaded the software , used cmake and then compiled them in
> VC++.This work fine for shared, but I get errors for static mode. Am I
> missing something?

Please first try to build static libraries using a fresh build tree that
did not already have a shared build in it.  Visual Studio does not
always maintain proper dependencies to rebuild all the source files to
change from shared to static mode.  If you still get errors, please post
them so we can be of more help.

-Brad