[vtkusers] about volume rendering in medicine.

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Tue Feb 10 07:13:11 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 21:21, J. Zhou wrote:
> About volume rendering, I want to know how to make sure that the user really gets the right
> object information what he wants to see. What makes user understand whether he has
> gotten the right object information in volume rendering? And another critical problem is how
> to make sure that the user does not miss the object information he wants to see based on
> current settings (e.g. transfer functions) during volume rendering.

We have a very simple scheme for giving feedback on the current transfer
function especially with regards to which structures will be visible and
which won't.  The nice thing is that the feedback is explicitly slice
registered.  Please see the first two publications on:
http://visualisation.tudelft.nl/publications2002.html