[vtkusers] Re: Backface wireframe color

vtk at scil.sinp.msu.ru vtk at scil.sinp.msu.ru
Thu Aug 12 12:29:36 EDT 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Goodwin Lawlor wrote:

> It's possible but you'll have to modify vtkOpenGLProperty and
> vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper so that in wireframe mode vtk renders polygons (not
> lines as it does now) and use glPolygonMode to change the representation.
It is a solution of the problem, but not so nice.
Combined mode (solid and wire) is used very often. The better way is to
render poly as solid (usually, making gl list), then, call the list twice:
for solid face and wireframe.
Also, it solves the problem of outlined figures.
For now, we have duplicated (TWO) sets of points, polys etc. Insted of
ONE, rendered twice (that is 10-200 times faster, I think, that separate
drawing).
I do not know why not to make these feature available...