[vtkusers] Re: Backface wireframe color

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Wed Aug 11 14:22:18 EDT 2004

It's possible but you'll have to modify vtkOpenGLProperty and
vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper so that in wireframe mode vtk renders polygons (not
lines as it does now) and use glPolygonMode to change the representation.

Rendering will be slower because you're rendering polys rather than lines.

I've got some modified files for backface culling in wireframe mode. It used
to allow backface color of wireframes but I changed it to improve the
performance.

I could change it back and mail it to you if you build vtk from source.

hth

Goodwin

the link to the bug tracker for the mod code
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=644&pos=9

news:Pine.LNX.4.60.0408112038580.3731 at scil.sinp.msu.ru...