[vtkusers] Why vtkAbstractTransform don't use vtkCriticalSectioninstead of vtkSimpleCriticalSection ?

Chris Volpe cvolpe at ara.com
Wed Aug 11 12:47:38 EDT 2004

One advantage of vtkCriticalSection is that it is accessible from the script level. However, since I intended it as a higher-performance alternative to vtkMutexLock, that's clearly a weak argument. As for why vtkSimpleCriticalSection is a separate non-vtkObject-derived class, I suppose I was mimicking the architecture of vtkMutexLock, which has a similar structure. It's been a few years, so that's the best explanation I can give right now.

Chris

--
Christopher R. Volpe, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist                                                           Email: cvolpe at ara.com