[vtkusers] MingW + Wintel Pre-Compiled Binaries ?= success ?

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Thu Apr 22 09:01:28 EDT 2004

This will never work.  The gnu compiler and the microsoft compiler have
completely different object layouts and name mangling to protect you from
attempting what you are attempting.   Even if you got it to link, it would
crash because of the different object layouts.   It really is not that hard
to re-compile VTK with mingw.

-Bill