[vtkusers] MingW + Wintel Pre-Compiled Binaries ?= success ?

Thomas Gibson a67582000 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 17:06:43 EDT 2004

I am including those libraries and haven't had
problems on other platforms.  However, reading around
a bit it seems there are problems with trying to link
the Wintel pre-compiled libraries with the gcc(-MingW)
toolkit.  From the output, it seems like the names are
being mangled.  I would like to avoid having to
re-build.

 --- Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com>
wrote: > Thomas,

> vtkPolyDataSource is in vtkFiltering
> vtkConeSource is in Grpahics
>
> Does this linker support incremental linking ?
>
> HTH,
> Mathieu
>
> Thomas Gibson wrote:
> > Just curious if anyone has had success using the
> VTK
> > libraries with Mingw.  I used pexports and dlltool
> > create import libraries but still seem to be
> having
> > problems with name mangling in even a simple
> example:
> >
> > g++.exe Cone.o  -o "Project1.exe" -L"C:/Program
> > Files/Dev-Cpp/lib"
> > ../../../../lib/vtk/vtkRendering.lib
> >
> > Cone.o(.text+0x1f):Cone.cxx: undefined reference
> > `_imp___ZN13vtkConeSource3NewEv'
> > Cone.o(.text+0x7a):Cone.cxx: undefined reference
> > `_imp___ZN17vtkPolyDataMapper3NewEv'
> >
> > Cone.o(.text+0x8d):Cone.cxx: undefined reference
> > `vtkPolyDataSource::GetOutput()'
> > Cone.o(.text+0x99):Cone.cxx: undefined reference
> > `vtkPolyDataMapper::SetInput(vtkPolyData*)'
> > Cone.o(.text+0xa1):Cone.cxx: undefined reference
> > `_imp___ZN8vtkActor3NewEv'
> > Cone.o(.text+0xc5):Cone.cxx: undefined reference
> > `_imp___ZN11vtkRenderer3NewEv'
> > Cone.o(.text+0x101):Cone.cxx: undefined reference
> > `_imp___ZN15vtkRenderWindow3NewEv'
> > Cone.o(.text+0x17a):Cone.cxx: undefined reference
> > `vtkRenderer::GetActiveCamera()'
> > Cone.o(.text+0x183):Cone.cxx: undefined reference
> > `vtkCamera::Azimuth(double)'

Cone.o(.text$_ZN11vtkRenderer8AddActorEP7vtkProp+0x10):Cone.cxx: