[vtkusers] VOI Extraction

Brian Rowe briprowe at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 16:40:16 EDT 2004

I'm trying to visualize a volume from within the Visible Human data
set.  I'm trying to use the vtkImageReader::SetDataVOI() method.  I'm
invoking it like this:

reader->SetDataVOI(x_start, delta_x, y_start, delta_y, z_start, z_end);

where: x_start == 568, delta_x == 1292 - 568,
	    y_start == 258, delta_y == 967 - 258,
	    z_start == 1141, z_end == 1159

These values correspond to pixel coordinates in the original image
files.  They are all within the original image files' extents
(2048x1216), but the slices being rendered are shifted as if these
values are out of the valid extent.

I was wondering, does the SetDataVOI function expect pixel coordinates,
or some other set of coordinates (perhaps camera space?).

Thanks for your time,
Brian
---
1.79 x 10^12 furlongs per fortnight -- it's not just a good idea, it's
the law!