[vtkusers] Render Speed (I know.. asked by many already..!)

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Wed Apr 21 10:45:24 EDT 2004

Hello Ted,

After padding to ensure a power of two you are rendering a 512x128 color
image - assuming your pipeline is not updating with each render you should
be able to render this quite fast (my guess is 60fps). I would suggest
creating a very simple example, maybe in Tcl, requiring no data (use some
filter to create it) and time the rendering. If it is slow, and you are
certain you have the latest version of your video driver, then you could
post the code on this list and maybe someone will see the problem.

Lisa