[vtkusers] Render Speed (I know.. asked by many already..!)

Ted Vu lost_bits1110 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 20 13:43:26 EDT 2004

Hi Lisa,
SOrry okay maybe my first email got lost but:

>OK - so you have a 500x500 render window. How big is the input image? And
>again - did you time this only for the first render or do all renders take
>this long? (and is your pipeline changing every time?)

My input image is 300 on the Y-axis by 100 X 3 on the X-axis and its just 2d
ANd yes i noticed the first render is much slower but the subsequent renders
are still not fast enough for my purpose.....

>VTK uses OpenGL for rendering - it is just abstracted at a higher level
>which is probably hiding from you the thing that you are doing to make this
>slow.

So is there any way I can get around this.........? I'd love to be able to
use vtk because its easier tahn doing everythign from scratch, or am i
doomed?

THank you again for your help its much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!