[vtkusers] VTK versions

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Apr 20 17:23:40 EDT 2004

James C. Robinson wrote:
> Mathieu,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid I am just tooooo slow Mathieu. I looked at
> the:
>
> http://public.kitware.com/dashboard.php
>
> link, but it is a little like looking into the cockpit of Concorde - where's
> the "engine on"? I don't know what all the different builds are, the
> relevance of how many squares are green (I really only want to use a version
> that is 100% debugged as far as is known. Although I know that this is
> almost impossible, the significance of what has passed and what has failed
> is not too clear - some of the descriptions are a little cryptic).

This is just the nightly build. On each line you have a different
plateform which compile it's own subset of VTK (the major differences
are within VTK/Rendering ). To make things simple if you are working on
Win32 + VC60, just search Win32-vs60 in column 'Build Name', then on
this line look if everything is green. If so you can update VTK from CVS.

> Do the release versions http://vtk.org/files/release/
>
> VTK-4.2-LatestRelease.tar.gz
> VTK-4.4-LatestRelease.tar.gz
>
> contain all the bug corrections that I had redone on the versions that I
> downloaded about 1 month ago (I can't remember if it was before or after the
> date on the files to which those links points)?

There is an intermediate flag: 'ParaView-1-4' which is a pretty recent
VTK version and this is more easy to use it than going through cvs. And
it should contains all the recent bug fixes.

> Where is v4.6? Has it been released yet and does it contain all the changes
> to which I had earlier address myself?

If you find v4.6, can you send me the bugs that have been corrected so
that I can merge it in the current VTK 4.5, this will save me lot of time ;)
Ok, sorry, but for a while people have been speaking about 4.6 and 4.4
was branch only a few months ago. So again the only intermediate
tag/branch after 4.4.2 that contains the bug fixes you are looking for
is 'ParaView-1-4'

> Finally, I expect that this e-mail may bounce back from your address
> (mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com).

Ok I got it.

 > Why does this happen?

[One Third of Email Now Spam]
http://slashdot.org/articles/04/04/20/1558244.shtml?tid=111&tid=126

I guess our provider black list yours.

You should have received an email saying why you couldn't reach me.
Could you send it to me on: mathieu AT malaterre DOT com (there is a
link somewhere in that mail where you can specify 'no I am not a spammer').

HTH,
Mathieu