[vtkusers] VTK versions

James C. Robinson j.robinson at kepler-systems.com
Tue Apr 20 05:14:57 EDT 2004

Mathieu,

Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid I am just tooooo slow Mathieu. I looked at
the:

http://public.kitware.com/dashboard.php

link, but it is a little like looking into the cockpit of Concorde - where's
the "engine on"? I don't know what all the different builds are, the
relevance of how many squares are green (I really only want to use a version
that is 100% debugged as far as is known. Although I know that this is
almost impossible, the significance of what has passed and what has failed
is not too clear - some of the descriptions are a little cryptic).

Do the release versions http://vtk.org/files/release/

VTK-4.2-LatestRelease.tar.gz
VTK-4.4-LatestRelease.tar.gz

contain all the bug corrections that I had redone on the versions that I
downloaded about 1 month ago (I can't remember if it was before or after the
date on the files to which those links points)?

Where is v4.6? Has it been released yet and does it contain all the changes
to which I had earlier address myself?

Finally, I expect that this e-mail may bounce back from your address
(mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com). Why does this happen?

Regards,

Jim

______________________