[vtkusers] volume of ITK segmented data in a vtkVolume

Wagner Sales wsalles2003 at yahoo.com.br
Thu Apr 15 13:24:36 EDT 2004

Hi all,

First, sorry by the continue asking.
Well, since the ITK are only to process the images, I think someone in
this list may be was the some problem I have now when was integrated
ITK/VTK.

I'm using ITK to read some images in a serie and performing segmation
operations in this images. Note: after the ITK load, I will not read
anymore, since I have the processed data in memory. For example, I have
only the brain after segmentation.

Afther these operations, I want to create volume to display. I was
thinked in some aproaches:

1 - To create a vtkVolume and put these images, then use the
interpolation and display it. Problem: I don't have ( or not founded )
some method like: SetImageData( *data, int sliceNumber, float
slicePosition, float sliceAxis ). Instead, I have the vtkVolume16Reader,
but this read a couple of images in a directory. Mathieu was sugered to
save the segmented images and after that, load in a volume. In a large
dataset, the IO will very expensive.

2 - To create something like a volume in ITK and after that, convert to
VTK. But, in this case: I wasn't founded the concept "volume" on ITK,
and I don't know how make the interpolation ( my images aren't
contiguous, I have "blank" space between ). After that I will put in VTK

Well, if someone knows how to make that, or another more efficient ( may
be more correct aproach ),

Cheers

PS: These message will be posted in the both lists ( vtk and itk users )
because the both toolkits are involved.