[vtkusers] Regarding Vtk portability issue

Arun Prasad parunprasad80 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Apr 6 10:13:50 EDT 2004

Hi everbody,
       We are trying to write a custom molecular
viewer which suits our needs.I would like to know
whether using Vtk is a good choice, espically when it
comes to portability. Will i be able to run the
package on any platform. Is it necessary that we
should install Vtk on every machine that runs the
custom software. I would like to know whether it is
possible to ship the custom application developed
using Vtk as executable that runs on all platform. I
would be more happy to hear from one in the list. Hope
to hear from someone. Thanking you.

with regards,
Arun Prasad