[vtkusers] VTK/Matlab almost auto mexifier

Philipp.Batchelor philipp.batchelor at kcl.ac.uk
Sat Sep 27 09:08:18 EDT 2003

Satrajit Ghosh wrote:
> Dear fellow VTK users,
>
> A VTK/Matlab (nearly auto C++ mexifier) script has been made available at
> the following location.
>
> 	http://www.cns.bu.edu/~speech/VTK.php
>
> Currently it can create any pipeline that has the following input/output
> mapping:
>
> Volume input --> polydata output
> polydata input --> polydata output
>
> I have been primarily working with 3D volumes and triangular meshes. I
> believe that the output can be a polydata structure but the input needs to
> be a triangular mesh.
>
> A version with an optional VTK render window at the end of the pipeline
> should be available shortly, which means you can use full VTK OpenGL
> acceleration from within Matlab :)
>
> Would appreciate any feedback.
>
> Take care,
>
> Satra

Hi Satra,
I have been playing with VTK in Matlab recently, and I'm certainly
interested in giving feedback on your script if I can try it, but the
link gives me an 'Error 403 Access Forbidden'. How would you use this
script? I'm not sure I understand its use.

Ph
PS: for the moment I use mostly a matlab function I called
'volumerender' which takes a matlab LxNxM data and uses vtk's volume
rendering, and some polydata rendering.