[vtkusers] VTK Starting Problems

Radhika Sivaramakrishna rsiva02 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 23 18:50:43 EDT 2003

Hello there!

I am new to VTK. I tried to install VTK on my system, but ran into a problem
right at the beginning.

I first downloaded the release distribution VTK 4 2 and unzipped it in its
own directory vtk42. I then tried to use CMake to create the workspace etc
for VC++. Unfortunately, it gave this error:

CMake Error: Error: source: C:/Projects/vtk42/CMakeLists.txt
Does not match source used to generate cache:
C:/Projects/vtk42/CMakeLists.txt
Re-run CMake with a different source directory.

I tried to rerun using a different source directory options including going
down to different levels where I could find a CMakeLists.txt file. But
everytime, I got the same error.

Can someone tell me what could be going wrong and how I could get VTK set up
on my system.

Thanks
Radhika