[vtkusers] VTK Starting Problems

Ketan Mehta ketan.mehta at wipro.com
Thu Sep 25 00:05:07 EDT 2003

Hi,

I think your code has already been used to create dsw files on different machines.

You can try to delete ur copy.
Get new copy of source code and unzip it.
Go to top level where you have CMakeLists.txt and execute cmake.
You should have *.dsw files for complete project.

Or In case you are trying to build only examples then you can safely delete
all files except *.cxx , *.h and CMakeLists.txt and then use cmake.

HTH
Bye
Ketan

Radhika Sivaramakrishna wrote:

> Hello there!
>
> I am new to VTK. I tried to install VTK on my system, but ran into a problem
> right at the beginning.
>
> I first downloaded the release distribution VTK 4 2 and unzipped it in its
> own directory vtk42. I then tried to use CMake to create the workspace etc
> for VC++. Unfortunately, it gave this error:
>
> CMake Error: Error: source: C:/Projects/vtk42/CMakeLists.txt
> Does not match source used to generate cache:
> C:/Projects/vtk42/CMakeLists.txt
> Re-run CMake with a different source directory.
>
> I tried to rerun using a different source directory options including going
> down to different levels where I could find a CMakeLists.txt file. But
> everytime, I got the same error.
>
> Can someone tell me what could be going wrong and how I could get VTK set up
> on my system.
>
> Thanks
> Radhika

whatsoever is strictly prohibited.