[vtkusers] Three Questions

Chris Hood Chris.Hood at noaa.gov
Tue Sep 23 16:35:33 EDT 2003

I may have asked all these questions before, but I still haven't solve the
problems. Can someone help me with them? Thanks.

Is it possible to click the mouse on the render window and have it return a
point? (Clicking on a sphere would give the xyz coordinate of where the
sphere was clicked.)

How can I access the data a point in a dataset (specifically a structured
grid)? I want to enter a coordinate and the name of the variable and have
it return that scalar or vector. If it's not possible now, it's a good
feature to add to all the datasets. A function like dataset.getFloat(x, y,
z, scalarname) would be simple to use.

How do you convert a xml ascii format vtk file with multiple pointdata sets
(both scalars and vectors) to binary without losing the all but one of them?

Chris Hood
Graduate Student Research Assistant
University of Colorado, Boulder
Space Environment Center - NOAA