[vtkusers] want to use vtk for high-performance?

Jean-Guy LaRoche lost_bits1110 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 26 13:50:40 EST 2003

thanks for the response,

but doesn't using threads take up alot of the cpu resources?

also, i was thinking of your second suggestion - so would i then derive my
own class from vtkLocator for example?  and so are you saying that even
though my class containing the search routine will be derived from a vtk
class, it will execute almost as fast as its supposed to?

and also - if i were to do this - how does this change the cmakelists file?
do i then have to add the following?
ADD_EXECUTABLE(myNewClass myNewClass.cxx)
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(myNewClass vtkRendering)

thanks
JG