[vtkusers] VTK/MayaVi and AMR datasets?

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Fri Nov 7 08:30:05 EST 2003

Terry J. Ligocki wrote:
> We have developed a visualization package called ChomboVis (using VTK
> via Python) for visualizing the AMR datasets produced by our AMR
> library, Chombo.  You can find out more about ChomboVis at
> http://seesar.lbl.gov/anag/chombo/chombovis.html and more about Chombo
> at http://seesar.lbl.gov/anag/chombo/index.html .  Both are being
> actively developed and maintained.

As far as I know, ChomboVis still uses the old vtk3.2 kit. Is there any
plan in your active development to move to the newer 4.x support for
VTK? It is kinda of a pain to have to maintain the old vtk libs and if
one wants to personalize ChomboVis, it is awkward to remember the older
styles of vtk3.2 programming, and to not be able to use the newer
features and classes of vtk4.x.

Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre at cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/people/Favre.html
CSCS, Swiss Center for Scientific Computing | Tel:  +41 (91) 610.82.40