[vtkusers] VTK/MayaVi and AMR datasets?

Terry J. Ligocki tjligocki at lbl.gov
Thu Nov 6 13:26:24 EST 2003

We have developed a visualization package called ChomboVis (using VTK
via Python) for visualizing the AMR datasets produced by our AMR
library, Chombo.  You can find out more about ChomboVis at
http://seesar.lbl.gov/anag/chombo/chombovis.html and more about Chombo
at http://seesar.lbl.gov/anag/chombo/index.html .  Both are being
actively developed and maintained.

ChomboVis reads AMR data stored in a documented HDF5 file format.  In
addition, here is a simple, example tool for translating clear text
files into the Chombo/ChomboVis HDF5 format.  This could be used as the
basis for a tool to translate other AMR file format into
Chombo/ChomboVis's AMR file format.

Also, ChomboVis has been extended to include data manipulation
capabilities, e.g., derived quantities (defined via functions in
Python), and has a non-graphical interface for data browsing and
manipulation when graphics/visualization is not needed (and/or not
available).

Let me or the ChomboVis development team, chombovis at davis.lbl.gov, know
if you have further questions.  If you decide to take at look at
ChomboVis please let us know if you have any comments, any questions, or
run into any problems building or running ChomboVis.

        Sincerely,

        Terry J. (Ligocki, tjligocki at lbl.gov)
        Applied Numerical Algorithms Group
        Computer Research Division