[vtkusers] Problems with vtk and wxPython on Windows

Marcus Stojek stojek at part-gmbh.de
Mon May 26 13:32:51 EDT 2003

Hi,

with some help of this group (and others) I have finished my application on
Windows NT.
(Python 2.2.1, wxPython 2.3.1, vtk 4.0)
It is a MDI application which shows different vtkUnstructuredGrids in its
childframes. Everything runs smooth on NT. On some Win2k and XP machines
(not all)
I get various errors from blue screen over freezing to showing only one half
of the RenderWindow (latter seems to be a size() problem).

One hint I have is an error msg that shows up on
some win2k machines:
    WGL Message:System Error: (21):cannot unmap GLINT DMA buffer

Another one is that on some win2k machines only 2D cells can be used without
a crash.

Does anybody have similar problems?
Is there anything I have to watch when switching from NT to newer Wins?
Or is it a hardware problem? If yes how can I test?

I am thinking about switching to C++ and wxWindows, but maybe
this won't solve my problems if it is an wx* problem.

If there is anybody out there who think he/she can help, I could prepare a
demo app.

Thanks for any hint
Marcus