[vtkusers] pb during the build of pvtkpython

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue May 20 13:40:47 EDT 2003

    JCP>   Hello, i try to build vtk from sources (from cvs), on a SGI
    JCP> Irix 6.5.18. I've pb on the VTK/Wrapping/Python dir, there's
    JCP> a lot of messages :

    JCP> ld32: ERROR 33 : Unresolved text symbol "Py_SetProgramName"
    JCP> -- 1st referenced by vtkParaPythonAppInit.o.  ...

    JCP>   I think i've forget something in the first cmake ??

Did you get all the Python related settings correctly?  Looks like you
have not specified the PYTHON_LIBRARY setting properly.  You need to
make it point to a libpython*.so or a libpython*.a for your Python
build.  Under Linux this is usually in /usr/lib/libpython*.so or
/usr/lib/python2.2/config/libpython*.a

HTH,
prabhu