[vtkusers] pvtk use MPI?

Chen Fu novalet at yahoo.com.cn
Mon May 19 06:53:39 EDT 2003

Hi!
I have try pvtk and pvtkdemo.tcl, it works but i doubt
whether it use MPI.
In mpi2.4, i first mpiconfig to select the hosts, then
use mpirun to invoke the processes, and must give
user/password.
but "pvtk pvtkdemo.tcl" don't need them at all. Is it
really works on several hosts without any config and
user/password? I don't see any document on how to test
MPI in vtk.
I wanna know whether MPI help vtk to enhance the
performance but there is only pvtkdemo.tcl. and i can
see it runs already very quickly on only single
processor. Is it a good example to show the
performance of parallel? Is there any other examples
available online of using MPI in vtk?

=====
Remote Scensing Satellite Ground Station
Chinese Academy of Science