[vtkusers] pvtk use MPI?

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Mon May 19 07:04:49 EDT 2003

Chen Fu wrote:

> Hi!
> I have try pvtk and pvtkdemo.tcl, it works but i doubt
> whether it use MPI.
> In mpi2.4, i first mpiconfig to select the hosts, then
> use mpirun to invoke the processes, and must give
> user/password.
> but "pvtk pvtkdemo.tcl" don't need them at all. Is it
> really works on several hosts without any config and
> user/password? I don't see any document on how to test
> MPI in vtk.

I use it in this particular fashion:

mpirun -machinefile machines.LINUX -np 6 pvtk pvtkdemo.tcl

You should use the full path to pvtk and pvtkdemo.tcl so that all the
MPI nodes find the required files.

Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre at cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/people/Favre.html
CSCS, Swiss Center for Scientific Computing | Tel:  +41 (91) 610.82.40