[vtkusers] StructuredPoints and ContourFilter - pipeline

Bruno Travençolo bant at grad.icmc.usp.br
Sun May 11 13:40:29 EDT 2003

Hello, All!

I would like to know how to avoid losing data while the pipeline is
executed. Please, consider the following code and comments, where "vol"
is a StructuredPoints object:

  ContourFilter = vtkContourFilter::New();
  ContourFilter->ReleaseDataFlagOff();
  ContourFilter->SetInput(vol);    // vol is a StructuredPoints object

  int dim[3];
  vol->GetDimensions(dim);   // Returns  dim = { 71, 71, 31}  OK !!!!

  ContourFilter->SetNumberOfContours(n);
  ContourFilter->Update();

  vol->GetDimensions(dim); // Returns  dim = { 0, 0, 0}  FAIL !!!!

I need to use the data stored in the object "vol" in others parts of my program and I don't want to loose it! Does anybody know how can I do that?

thanks in advance,

Bruno.