[vtkusers] ScalarRange of vtkContourFilter?

Marcus Stojek stojek at part-gmbh.de
Mon May 12 10:12:12 EDT 2003

Hi,
I have an unstructured grid with scalar point data. I want to show the
geometry colorshaded (MapperSurf) PLUS colored contourlines (contourMapper).
My problem is that no matter what values minvalue and maxvalue have, the
contour lines are always colorcoded between 0 and 1. Because the printout
of vtkContourFilter shows that the values calculated by GenerateValues() are
correct, I guess there is something wrong with the Input for ContourFilter.
(vtk 4.0, Python 2.2, Windows NT)

Any hints?

        self.grid=vtkUnstructuredGrid()

        self.lut = vtkLookupTable()
        self.lut.SetHueRange(0.66667,0.0)

        self.darray = Numeric.array(data,Numeric.Float32)
        self.data = vtkFloatArray()
        self.data.SetVoidArray(self.darray,len(data),1)
        self.grid.GetPointData().SetScalars(self.data)
        self.MapperSurf=vtkDataSetMapper()
        self.MapperSurf.SetInput(self.grid)
        self.MapperSurf.ScalarVisibilityOn()
        self.MapperSurf.SetLookupTable(self.lut)
        self.MapperSurf.SetScalarRange(minvalue,maxvalue)

        self.ActorSurf=vtkActor()
        self.ActorSurf.SetMapper(self.MapperSurf)

        self.cf = vtkContourFilter()
        self.cf.SetInput(self.grid)
        self.cf.GenerateValues(15,minvalue,maxvalue)
        self.contourMapper = vtkPolyDataMapper()
        self.contourMapper.SetInput(self.cf.GetOutput())
        self.contourMapper.ScalarVisibilityOn()
        self.contourMapper.SetLookupTable(self.lut)

        self.contours = vtkActor()
        self.contours.SetMapper(self.contourMapper)

        self.ren.AddActor(self.contours)

Thanks,
Marcus