[vtkusers] [VTK + wxPython + Linux] bug : Reparent with widgetcontaining wxVTKRenderWindow

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Tue Mar 25 07:24:17 EST 2003

Dear Benoit,

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 12:38, Benoit Regrain wrote:
> I have seen that the 4.2 release is know official.
> For the laboratory where I work, patch that I have taken you is vital.
> I haven't seen commits concerning apply of this patch.
>
> Could you tell me I how many time you think make this patch.
> And if don't think to apply them, I need know if it must be applyed
> internally in my laboratory.
>
> I remember you the address for patch files that I have made :
>  http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~regrain/VTK/patch/

Please make unified diffs of your work with the current VTK CVS.  Also
remember to comment your changes (in your code).  I would also
appreciate a description (again) of what exactly the patches fix.

A serious problem is of course that you have no corresponding code for
MacOS X.  If I remember correctly, my advice (on your initial problem)
was that the fix would require changes to the parent RenderWindow.  If
this is the case, the MacOS X problem is quite serious.

I believe that Prabhu is very busy at the moment.  If your changes do
not break any of the current semantics/functionality I could take a look
at integrating them.

Thanks,
Charl